Monday, March 24, 2008

Tidbits

  • We had to postpone our visit to Doc G for Sofian's 1-year Well Baby checkup from last week to this Wednesday, so keep sitting tight for official measurements (to be posted on Wednesday night).

  • To celebrate Easter, we went to the Museum of Glass down in Tacoma (which isn't all that Easterish, but it was fun nonetheless). I wore Sofian in the Ergo carrier, and let him point to the different glass pieces to look at. His favorite part, though, was watching the day's artist's fire some of their glass pieces in the Hot Shop. (I think he definitely takes after his pyromaniacal Mama.)

  • The boy is getting up on his knees and occasionally standing (supporting himself against some furniture) more and more easily, so we quickly broke out the Tot Loks last night and installed them on the doors of our living room credenza. Looks like we're gonna have to do some more sooner than later.

  • I think we have a candidate for a first word (other than Mama). Sofian was playing with his Lego set, which includes a gray cat (as a Lego purist, I was a little horrified to find something non-blocky in the set). Last night, he picked up the cat piece and said "kit kat" (I usually refer to our cats as "kitty cats" when he's around them). It was very cute, and he said it a couple of times as we encouraged him to do so.

No comments: