Thursday, April 26, 2007

Papa and Sofian's First Big Game

Yesterday, we headed out to Alki Beach for a lunch of fish & chips at the Celtic Swell, our local Irish pub. It also so happened that my favorite football (aka, soccer) team was playing -- Chelsea v Liverpool in a Champions League Game. Unfortunately, Sofian is still too small for the Chelsea replica strip that I bought him last summer (before I even knew he was a he -- it would have fit a daughter just as well). So I loaded him up in his pram with another Chelsea memento I bought -- a little gray teddy bear with a blue Chelsea jumper. We caught a good amount of the second half, and Sofian was pleased as punch with the 1-nil Chelsea win over Liverpool. Next Tuesday, on their second leg game, we might stay for longer (and give Mama a break to do something else).

Here we are headed to the game:

Heading to the pub with Chelsea Bear

And at the pub:

Watching the Chelsea Game

And after an exhausting match day, back home for a nap:

Nappy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He clearly looks like he's sleeping the sleep of the just--and the just-won!