Tuesday, May 22, 2007

It's Been Awhile

Well, the posting has been slim the last two weeks, and I apologize for that. Things have been a little strange as we transition into some rather odd roles: me the traditional male breadwinner figure and Parie in the traditional female homemaker role. It's been a challenging transition time for me as I get back to working a fuller schedule, cos all I really want to do is be at home with the little guy. I've been doing everything in my power to stay concentrated on just work during the times I've set aside, and then focusing on giving Parie a bit of a break thereafter. But I haven't always been successful. Parie's been working on mobiles to hang above Sofian's crib and figuring out how to rearrange the house since we won't have the addition to the LemonDrop for a little while longer (but it's coming).

The four of us last week (that includes Mamalama, who is now back in Raleigh) also got waylaid by a rather virulent cold. It was very sad to see our little guy have to fight through all that mucus. But we all got through it, and we just have a few lingering sniffles.

Anyhoo, we're starting to get things figured out, and I promise that I'll be posting more regularly going forward.

To start off with, here's a bit of an embarrassing story. Parie and I put Sofian in his bed the other morning as we were getting things ready for the day. Only problem was that we left the door open a crack, and didn't notice that Wompus (our cat) had gone through it. I went in to grab my watch and found this scene:

The Original Tiny Peeplz Pic

We quickly shooed the cat away... well, halting for just a moment to grab the camera. I promised Parie that I wouldn't share this pic with the world, but I did send it along to my pal Jeff Carlson, who turned it into a bit of computer geek humor (see other examples at LOLcat and ICanHasCheezBurger.

Wompus Does an LOL Cat

We promise to be better parents.

No comments: