Thursday, July 19, 2007

Good News/Bad News

Here's the good news: Sofian is sticking to a fairly consistent 6.5/7 hours of sleep each night.

However, the good gets negated when he falls asleep at 8pm as he did last night. Thusly, he was up and flailing (something he must have been tutored on by Wammer) in his co-sleeper at 3am. The pain was compounded by the fact that neither Parie nor I could get to sleep last night, with both of us feeling the pressure to fall asleep quickly since we knew what was coming (we both finally drifted off after 11:30).

With Parie feeling a bit under-the-weather, I got Sofian duty this morning and I tried bouncing him back to sleep using the yoga ball. That seemed to work, but his slumber was not deep enough and he was awakened by our noisy door (fixing that has moved to the top of the to-do list). My back wasn't up for another round of bouncing, so I grabbed my robe, my wallet, and the car keys and we headed out for a drive around West Seattle/White Center.

We got home after about a 20-minute drive and I placed him and his car seat directly in the co-sleeper... where he snoozed for about 5 minutes before waking up with a cry. Now we're back in the living room, Sofian in his swing, wondering what to do with himself. It's going to be a long day.

[UPDATE] Thinking back on the night that was now that I'm awake and had a bit more sleep (though a much slower start to the day than I'd hoped for), I realized I should have done some riffing on the recent all-nighter in the Senate and framed the post as Sofian's filibuster against sleep. Oh well.

 

No comments: