Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tidbits

  • Oy, it's been an exhausting day. I was on Sofian duty today, and he decided that he would be The Boy Who Would Not Sleep. Yesterday, he napped for only about 3 hours and Parie was knackered. Today, it was less than 1 hour. We did have a good walk on Alki Beach this morning (still trying to shed my pregnancy pounds), and he was making friends (as usual) with everyone behind the counter at Starbucks. On the downside, he refused to take a bottle and it seems we've found another food that his system doesn't like: radishes.

  • Tonight when he was the ends of his wide-eyed fussiness, about the only thing I could do to calm him was sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" (complete with hand motions of spider climing and falling, sun coming up, etc.). I keep thinking that I can entice him with some cooler tune that I'll enjoy more ("I Will Dare" by the Replacements, "We Don't Need This Fascist Groove Thing" by Heaven 17), but it's amazing how much he's drawn to this song (as well as "The Wheels on the Bus") and how it can bring a full on screaming match to a screetching halt.

  • We got Sofian a new stroller this last weekend -- the Maclaren Quest Sport (got the green model at Babies R Us, though I wish we'd held out for an orange version) -- which is part of a complete redoing of his car seat. While his weight isn't over the limit, his feet are dangling from his infant car seat and it's time to move to the toddler seat, which can both face to the rear (which he'll need to continue doing for another 7 months or so) as well as face forward. But because we have just a stroller frame for the infant seat, we needed to make the stroller purchase in tandem. We're looking to get the Britax Roundabout here at the LD by the end of the week.

  • Our son urinates a lot. So much so that we've had to add a second insert to all his cloth diapers to soak it all up, thus making him even more of a bubble butt. Just thought you ought to know.

No comments: