Sunday, August 05, 2007

Where in the World is Sofian?

You've probably been asking that question as you've been dutifully checking the site for the last week only to find not much of anything. Well, he's still here and he's still cute. His blogging papa, however, has fallen down on his job. But I've got a good excuse.

We're in the middle of a big transition here at the LemonDrop homestead, where we're clearing out the office/media room (which we've dubbed the Blue Room) to create Sofian's room. Happily, we got a lot of it broken down last Sunday and moved the armoire (aka, the Tower of Technology) with our home computer and TV/monitor into our bedroom. That's where we store all the pics and videos of the lil' guy, and hence where I do a lot of the blogging. Unfortunately, Sofian is still sleeping in our bedroom as we continue to whittle down all the pieces of the room in preparation for addition of some flooring and painting. While in the past I've been able to get around to updating the LDKid blog when Sofian's been napping, that hasn't been possible this last week.

I've also been a kinda crazy busy with work the last couple of weeks. Add some teething on top of everything else and we've got a blog that's crying out for attention. So here are a couple of tidbit updates on this very early morning (Sofian has become The Boy Who Refused to Sleep lately).
  • Sofian is getting his first tooth--both Parie and I have felt it starting to peek through on the bottom. His discomfort hasn't been constant, but it comes and goes and luckily Tylenol seems to be doing the trick.

  • He's discovered the joy of squirming and kicking in bed. Tonight, I swear, he was doing it for about 2 hours from about 2:30 to 4:30, at which point he finally started to let out a yelp and we got him up to feed. It looked like he might go down, but he went back to squirming, and so here I am with my laptop in the living room and Sofian (finally) napping out in his swing. He's also been having more difficulty in going down to sleep the last couple of nights, so we're probably going to instigate a more stringent bedtime routine to hopefully help that.

  • Last Wednesday, when I was taking care of the boy while Parie was at work, I tried giving him a bottle... and it actually worked. He whimpered a little bit, and then acquiesced and sucked it straight down. Unfortunately, it was a small amount (about 2 ounces), as Parie has been pumping short bottles since they've been continually going to waste. I tried warming up a second bottle, but by the time that was ready he was having none of it. We tried again yesterday while Parie was off at a work meeting, but he flat our refused, and she got home to find a screaming, sweaty mess in my arms. As I handed him to Parie, he stopped crying and gave a little smile of triumph.
Alright, that's all for now. Hopefully I'll get a couple of recent pics uploaded later today. I think it's time for a bit of a nap for papa now.

No comments: