Saturday, October 06, 2007

My Fellow Americans, Our Long National Nightmare Is Over

Well, I guess it hasn't really affected the national stage as much as it has the denizens of the LemonDrop. But a significant shift in policy has occurred at the LD: Parie is back on the dairy wagon!!!! It's been well over three months since Parie stopped drinking milk, eating cheese, and basically any baked good that was worth its weight in deliciousness. But a week ago, we tested out some dairy (with creamy curries at our local Indian restaurant, Maharaja) and then proceeded to add in some cheese here and there. The pinnacle was Thursday night, when we brought in a Corson Classic pizza from Stellar -- and no ill effects from the boy. So now we're feeling pretty safe in saying goodbye to oat and rice milks and reintroducing ourselves to the buttery deliciousness of Bakery Nouveau.

Well, we won't be going too overboard. Papa needs to lose 20 pounds (for starters, but that's a good initial goal), and today we joined the YMCA to help in that quest. Also, we'll be signing up for a baby swim class (called Waterbabies) and joining a couple of our other PEPS pals in the class. It should be fun, as Parie will be doing it on Monday mornings and I'll be doing it with Sofian on Wednesday mornings.

Our wild and wacky week has finally simmered down a bit. I'm still up to my neck in work that I'm behind in, but I'm chipping away at it. And Parie still is juggling various and sundry meetings. She had another one this morning, so Sofian and I went on a walk 'round the hood (with our usual stop at our new espresso shop, Bubbles -- looks like they need to update their site to reflect the new storefront). Here's a pic of the boy before we headed out:

CIMG2617.JPG

And a video of him doing his bucking bronco routine at his mid-morning massive snack attack:




 

No comments: