Saturday, December 01, 2007

Light On for Lights Out

The week following our return from our travels, Sofian has gone a few steps back in his sleeping habits. He's waking up once a couple hours after he goes to bed (between 9 and 10) and then once or more in the middle of the night (typically around 4am, though last night it was 2am). It's been playing havoc with our sleep (I've been comatose today after several nights of not getting enough REM), and we're hoping we can chalk it up to him feeling a little feverish this week.

But we also worry that his completely dark room has been playing a part in it, so we got the boy a Tykelight from Mobi. Resembling something out of Ghostbusters, it's actually a portable nightlight that charges on its a magnetic charging base (you have to take it off the base for it to light up, and it holds an approximate 10-hour charge).



We'll see if this makes any difference with his sleeping (so far tonight, he's been up and crying right on schedule). But it does make a big difference when I go in to try and soothe him. Before I had to guess if he was getting sleepy in the black-out conditions, but now I can actually see his face in the glowing blue light (we went with that color as we could get it quicker than the others - thus no orange as you might expect).


No comments: