Thursday, December 20, 2007

O Baby

Sofian had his 9-month checkup this week, and happily there was only a second flu shot that had to be administered. The official height recorded was 29 inches (2', 5"), but Parie says that Val, Dr. G's med assistant was being stingy with the measuring tape and that he's really 30 inches. His weight is 22 pounds, 6 ounces. So his exponential growth has definitely slowed down. Still, he's a big guy.

Also this week, after I was chatting with our PEPS pal Charlie (who I met for coffee with his son Sammy), I decided to try to introduce some Cheerio-like cereal to Sofian. Both Parie and I were a little nervous, since Sofian just has four teeth, but Charlie said that the Os that they use (the organic Purely Os) and even Cheerios break down pretty easily with saliva. We've been giving Sofian some food to play with -- pieces of rice, some steamed carrot bits -- but while he loves to put everything in his mouth, he just didn't seem interested in putting actual food in there.

After an initial play period yesterday with the Os, though, Sofian was able to start getting them into his mouth pretty consistently. Here's some video documentation:


 

No comments: