

That occurred while Parie was making a delicious dinner for our PEPS Gang gathering last week. We quickly ordered pizza, and kept the babies out of the kitchen.
Sofian's been moving around a lot more, though still just doing the GI Joe crawl:

And he's experimenting with new surfaces:
Parie's also been pretty busy finalizing the plans for our addition, which we're planning on starting this summer. So I'm taking over Sofian duty for a full day each week. Here's what happened at the end of Daddy Day Care last week - I plumb wore the boy out!

Other tidbits from the last couple of weeks:
- Our pals Megan and Lindsay (who are expecting in a couple of months) came over on Sunday night and brought dinner in exchange for loading them up with some baby gear that Sofian has grown out of (a swing, a bouncy chair, and the infant car seat). And they stuck around after Parie got the boy down to sleep, and the two of us went out on the town for awhile while Megan and Lindsay listened to our iPod's selections and graded papers. Sofian never made a peep. Parie and I went to a West Seattle pub with a lot of European and micro brews, and played some scrabble. We know how to kick out the jams!
- Sofian is still loving his Water Babies class at the YMCA, and Parie told me he was doing quite a bit of kicking in the water last time. I get to do the class this week with the boy.
- Some of the things he's been eating lately: lots of Purely O's (an organic brand of Cheerios-like cereal), mashed potatoes/parsnips with some garlic (we were worried he'd be turned off by the garlic, but he plowed through it), small chunks of carrot and broccoli.
- If Sofian crawls into either the kitchen or one of the other rooms, you can call out, "Where's Sofian?" a couple of times, and he'll come crawling back with a smile on his face when he sees you.
- I'm doing the South Beach diet (lots of protein) and have lost over 7 pounds, but man am I craving some carbs right about now.
No comments:
Post a Comment