Sunday, March 25, 2007

Not Much to Report

And no new pics. We had an easy going morning spent with Mamalama before she headed back home to Raleigh. She was very sad to leave Sofian and is looking forward to finding a reason to come back to visit him. Speaking of which, we're going to be chatting with folks at the church where Parie and I got married -- All Pilgrims -- to concoct a dedication/naming ceremony for a weekend hopefully in early May. We'll keep you up to date on the progress on that.

After dropping Mamalama off at SeaTac, I headed over to Ikea to find a new bedside table for Parie (I love any excuse to head over to Ikea). When I got home, it seems that Sofian had been gorging on breastmilk just about the entire time I was out (erasing the plans for a nap for the two of them). Seems he might be going through a growth spurt.

Seattle had an absolutely lovely spring day today, and we took a short walk up the block with Sofian strapped to me in the new sling we got yesterday and Parie setting a slow and steady pace (as she's still recovering from the C-section). I was a little dubious about the whole sling thing, thinking that it might be a little hippy dippy. But actually, it was quite comfy and Sofian fell right asleep against my chest. And hey -- there's nothing wrong with hippy dippy!

When we got back, the little guy was still sacked out, so we sat in the rocker with him in my lap -- we read all about Scooter Libby and how lies can get you into trouble -- while Mama finally found some nap time.

Tomorrow I'll take a video tour of the Sofian set-up in our room and get some pics with the sling.

No comments: