Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sweet Sofian Blue Eyes

When we headed out of the house last Friday on our way to the hospital, I flipped on the CD player in the car and it started up with "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" from the original Crosby, Stills and Nash album. It was a great soundtrack to our quick journey from West Seattle to Swedish Hospital on First Hill, and it's been running through my head ever since. Lyrically, it's perhaps the most applicable song, but the refrain of "I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are" is what keeps playing on my internal soundtrack. That's what I hope to impart to my son as we grow together over the years, and I hope he takes it to heart.

Anyhoo, here's the CSN performance of the song at Woodstock, if you need a refresher:



Sofian currently has piercing dark blue eyes, but I guess all babies do at this stage. We're very curious to see what hue they turn into.