Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Twin Sons of Different Mothers (and Different Generations)

Compare and contrast: all-around tech guru and good pal Glenn on the left and Sofian on the right.

     Sofian smiling closeup

Glenn helped get me started on the path to freelancedom back in '99 when he and Jeff Carlson asked me to help out writing a book on Adobe GoLive, and he's been a good friend and helpful officemate (physically and virtually) ever since. He and his wife Lynn are expecting their second child soon, and you can check out occasional musings about his first son, Ben, at his blog (don't get scared away by the techy mumbo jumbo -- I usually just nod my head as well...).

[Also... the subject line comes from this album...]

[PS] Glenn and Lynn have gifted us with a number of helpful items (among them -- a book on recovering from C-sections, a meal delivery service), but I think we've found the most helpful of the lot: a CD of rain sounds. I encoded it into iTunes and transferred it to one of our iPods, then played it through the iCrib last night. (Below is an image of the iCrib uploaded by a customer to the Amazon product page, to give you an idea of what it looks like in action.) Everyone was lulled to a sound sleep by its somnambulant sounds.

2 comments:

Glenn Fleishman said...

Okay, so I was showing that picture to Lynn last night (the one of Sofian), and saying, that is the most beautiful photo -- look at the Liev Schreiber part-smile on the kid. What a lovely boy. And now, now, now you compare him to me! I am flattered and flattened.

I feel the same way about Ben: whenever someone says Ben looks like me, I think, how lucky I am to be compared to someone SO HANDSOME.

Anonymous said...

Not to be snarky, but a CD of rain sounds? Can't you just open the window? ;-)